If you are one of the many developers in the world today, you might have heard about github or even used that site by now. You are already on linkedin with many connections. You may be already contributing heavily in Quora or in Stack Overflow with brilliant ideas and suggestions to other geeks around the world. Then you hit the wall. How else you can show off your geek side to the world and more importantly to your potential future employers and customers? There are many entrepreneurs already thought about this. And today you have many choices. So what do we want to call this market? Linkedin may be thinking why they missed this opportunity. A platform for people to show off their skills with social credibility. Many listed here are targeting developers but the future is clear. This can and will expand to any skills in the future. Now lets take the time to go over few services that offer you a platform for free.
- CoderWall – They claim to provide the striking modern profile for developers.
- Geeklist – They claim to provide achievement based social profile builder.
- MasterBranch – They claim to allow you to show off your coding chops.
- Gitalytics – They claim to help people to navigate from the pool of open source committers.
- Folyo – This company differentiate itself from all the above by servicing designers.